My Pictures

For this project I wanted to explore the idea of clichés when it comes to photography. The first thing that came to my mind was text that is associated with images that are posted on social media. Whether it's part of a status or the perfect caption to a photo, text is everywhere. I wanted to try to capture text and graphics that occur outside of social media. With that, I also found an interesting relationship between signage outside and the nature that surrounds it. I personally enjoy looking at weathered man-made things outside. It feels nostalgic even if the object is unfamiliar to me. There's just something so interesting to me about nature slowly decaying what people have created. That in itself seems like a very poetic cliché. These photos in particular made me think about these object with a different perspective. So far with this course I've found that photography helps me see things that my eyes don't usually see at first glance. I'm looking forward to doing more of that with future projects.




Comments

Popular Posts