Final Wrap-Up

Before this term started I was skeptical about how to effectively do a photography course from a distance, but I really enjoyed this approach to photography. It was very eye-opening to study a photography book chapter by chapter while also trying your hand at the different styles of photography mentioned in the book. This forced me to try different kinds of photography and broaden my understanding of what photography can achieve. I was also not quite sure about taking all my photos this term on my cell phone, but they ended up turning out pretty well. And what didn't turn out perfect I could work to change during the editing process. For this term I primarily used Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Before this term I had some experience with these programs but not a whole lot so I learned a lot about how I like editing photos and the aesthetic that I tend to go for. This whole process of the term has also taught me that it doesn't matter what kind of equipment you have access to. You can always make do with what you have. Below are my ten favorite photos of the term. They are all quite different, but all are my favorite kind of photos to take. I enjoy close-ups, textures, and constructions that are more mysterious. I enjoyed taking time during this course to discover my own photography style and keeping this blog helps me keep track of my thoughts during this process as well. I can definitely see myself continuing this blog (or any blog) in the future as a way to continue my photography while documenting my process and other thoughts as I do it. I also would consider doing more chapter analysis of books in order to study what other photographers do and try to apply that knowledge to my own work. Overall I sincerely enjoyed this course and will definitely use what I have learned during this term and apply it to my future work.












Comments

Popular Posts